Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Time Train Romance

Eyes agape as my senses swoon,
Watching eagerly as she glided through
The thickness of the cranberry room

Turning her cheek to avoid the view
Our spirits revived from sights anew
While struggling to compose herself, she flew
Between the unfamiliar madness grieving had brewed
And the flickering, dim lights
Placed around the crimson room

My mind squirmed in wonder,
Overwhelmed by this Siren’s splendor
‘I have known her once before’
‘Yes, I know, I have known’, confided my screaming mental war

~~~

Object of my affection,
Residing in 1867;
I was tethered beside thee,
Loving more and more each day
Until Red Death came, bleeding your soul angrily.
Heaven’s merciful angels took you away
Mocking my desperate plea
“Beautiful spirit, please stop soaring, but instead take me.”

This pain is something I cannot bear;
 Living is a chore,
never feeling your beating heart
or drinking in your longing stare

~~~

Snap back;
At that moment, I shuttered,
Brainless observing my deceased lover

How could this be?

Many moons have passed me by
Since the night I saw you fly,
On a billowing cloud in divine light.
Drifting over with a tranquil pace
I swore; 'Again I will see your face'
In a realm less crass than this,
 Awakening thee with a loving kiss,
And wrapping my arms around you in unconditional bliss.'

~~~

Standing beyond me
Across a vast, crowded room
She waits for me to make the first move
Pulling apart my strengthened heart
I've relentlessly waited for this to start.

As we stand in the space we desired to attain
I meet my modern love,
Although 200 years have waned,
She is just as breathtaking as that fateful day.

© 2012 Kait

No comments:

Post a Comment