Saturday, December 29, 2012

Riding the Lines of Reality



Systematically searching for the right connection
under hot condensation dripping off
the peeling ceiling
of 28th St.’s station.
The bumpy yellow sandpaper holds back
my eager feet from slipping
to the electric track below.

The 1-train cascades past
plastering 30 year old grime
into my pores, filling them
with the long forgotten experiences
from those who thrived in these tunnels before. 
We accepting fate as a scheduled journey,
the 70 other people weighing down the platform
crowd the iron worm,
soaking it with their fermenting frames
and exhausted brains, impatiently riding
the screeching rail to their destiny.

My fellow zombies sit uncomfortably close
sparking my temptation to cast judgment…
BING-BONG
‘therapy’s over.’
Time to return to the surface
and recollect my old self,
shedding the subway-me
with every step I take.

No comments:

Post a Comment