Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Evergreen Sanctuary


Hidden behind stolid shrubbery and weathered bark,
a radiant universe drowning in solitude teeters above
small, unbalanced feet. Staggering toward
an open, foggy wood with morning dew
spewing through buoyant,
stagnant heat.
Limp blades bear the weight
of life, slumping over unfettered soil,
Atlases of water,
bow to solder the wounded terra,
trampled by breakneck travelers; like wind,
crashing by with only debris left behind.
Plants grow and trees flourish,
crystalline orbs caress nature’s current
in an eternal embrace.

Blending
into twisting vines
a matronly silhouette
captivates my curiosity.
I search her warm, familiar eyes;
proclivity pierces my evanescent mind.

She is the water to my existence;
the sunlight for my photosynthesis.
To touch her is to grasp a piece of myself.
Let the mystery of her intentions spark
the rusted rotor of contentment.

This statuesque deity is your guide,
all you need has been with you the whole time,
trust the beating behind your eyes;
and follow her
into the plush forest
and find
enlightenment.



No comments:

Post a Comment