Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Voice of a Murderer




All the frigid Sunday mornings
in the month of no-mercy
are avoided by everyone,
whipping, agitated sighs
lick my burning, porcelain eyes.
Ice sculpture trees line the path
of my journey and memories of fertile spring
prove powerless against a midnight blizzard.
The emptiness of my shelter and harshness
of nature kindles a small hole of grief
for all my buried loves,
making my black, lumpy blood
sink deeper into sullen, weathered veins.

But you see, on this wonderfully dreary Sunday
I rescued a furry tabby from the tundra
and when its’ owner came to collect--
naturally, I took her in,
on mutual grounds, of course
until I spiked her tea
and tied her to the chair
where she had willingly sat,
gagged and bound
in her puffy white coat.
The sweetest rubber boots
encasing her delicate feet
squealed as she wriggled,
dancing on four legs in the middle
of my dimly lit room.

I wasn’t going to keep her long,
just until the stake of loneliness stopped twisting
      but she never woke up.

Now, I am truly trapped in this winter
I’ve found a space buried in the corner of my shelter,
to hide away in a stiff-knee-huddle
until the ground thaws.



No comments:

Post a Comment